Matthew Angotti represents major insurance carriers and their largest insureds in Maryland state and federal courts. For over twenty-five years, he has represented several national retailers in the defense of matters involving construction disputes, personal injury, fair housing and discrimination, products liability, insurance coverage, and commercial litigation.
Representative Cases and Reported Opinions
- Successfully defended retail client based on Maryland’s sealed container defense in Reed v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 934 F.Supp. 713 (D.Md. 1996).
- Established civil rights defenses protecting employers from liability for third-party actions in Williams v. Cloverland Farms, Inc., 78 F.Supp.2d 479 (D.Md. 1999).
- Successfully defended credit issuer in breach of contract, defamation and tortious interference matter in Spengler v. Sears, 163 Md.App.220, 878 A.2d 628 (2005).
Maryland Super Lawyers (2016-2019)
Professional Associations / Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- Towson University (B.A., 1984)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Claims