Bob Bouse is regularly called on to defend clients in high stakes litigation, including medical malpractice, products liability, nursing home litigation, severe personal injury claims, and insurance coverage litigation. His courtroom experience includes over 350 jury trials, along with numerous cases argued before the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, the Maryland Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Bob also appears before the Maryland Board of Physicians and Board of Nursing concerning professional licensure matters.
Representative Cases and Reported Opinions
- Represented the Archdiocese of Baltimore in numerous alleged abuse cases brought against the Archdiocese and priests.
- Established that the general three-year statute of limitations barred claims by adults of alleged sexual abuse by a teacher that occurred while the plaintiffs were minors in Murphy v. Merzbacher, 346 Md. 525, 697 A.2d 861 (1996).
Professional Associations / Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- Maryland Defense Counsel
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., 1968)
- St. Vincent's College (B.A., 1964)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit