For decades, Anderson, Coe & King has advised insurance companies on complex coverage matters and, where necessary, litigated coverage disputes. Success in coverage disputes requires the insurer’s management from the outset with an eye toward an overall strategy. We assist carriers in all aspects of a developing coverage dispute, including:
- Assessing coverage and consulting with the insurer on the scope of coverage.
- Preparing coverage opinions.
- Interviewing underwriters and reviewing underwriting and agency files.
- Communicating with the insured regarding the carrier’s position on coverage.
- Monitoring the progress of the underlying action where a defense is provided under a reservation of rights and advising the carrier during settlement negotiations in the underlying action.
- Helping the carrier take the appropriate steps to protect an insured who has become adverse to the carrier while, at the same time, seeking to insulate the carrier from a potential claim for bad faith.
- Defending bad faith actions.
© 2019 Anderson, Coe & King All Rights Reserved.